I decided to just get stuck straight in and draw directly onto the mannequin. I had the design idea in my head but hadn't done any sketches. My first attempt at placing the scroll made it look too fixed, too tight. I think it would have looked strange with the wings.
So I sketched where the wings would go and played around a lot with the scroll.
I settled on this but I'm still not sure it fully works..
but I was eager to get on and fill it in to see how it looked.
Final Product. It's not amazing but for a first go I'm pretty chuffed. I keep changing my mind about whether I like the skull or not.. For now.. I think I do :]]