I've had this lino cut sat on my desk for a few days waiting for me to get myself into gear and get into the print room. I couldn't resist doing a little test. Indian ink dries fast but it created a pretty cool print. I'm looking forward to doing it properly
Thursday, 24 February 2011
Saturday, 19 February 2011
I decided to just get stuck straight in and draw directly onto the mannequin. I had the design idea in my head but hadn't done any sketches. My first attempt at placing the scroll made it look too fixed, too tight. I think it would have looked strange with the wings.
So I sketched where the wings would go and played around a lot with the scroll.
I settled on this but I'm still not sure it fully works..
but I was eager to get on and fill it in to see how it looked.
Final Product. It's not amazing but for a first go I'm pretty chuffed. I keep changing my mind about whether I like the skull or not.. For now.. I think I do :]]
Tuesday, 15 February 2011
So.. I was painting a mannequin today and used wood varnish.. thought I'd have a little experiment in my sketchbook and discovered that it doesn't spread when you blow on it like normal paint.. but it's awesome for scratching into :D This was created with a plastic fork but I may have another go with something a bit easier to use.
Some little beauties that have been in my head for a while :]]
Want to get them into photoshop for some colour but I've lost the pen for my graphics tablet. If anyone fancies donating one, I'd be eternally grateful.